Tikkun Olam : Antiracism Readings and Discussions
This year we read: White Privilege, The Warmth of Other Suns, The Conversation, So You Want to Talk About Race, Caste and The War on the Uyghurs.
* Truth is not obvious.
* to keep reading in order to educate ourselves on how we got to where we are today and why it is perpetuated
* to listen with intention
* to not be defensive
* to examine our implicit and explicit biases
* to check our privilege
* to understand that we can never fully know what another person’s experience has been, but we can open our hearts and minds to listen and learn
* to share our stories
* to understand that some are guilty, but all are responsible
* to always continue talking, but, at some point, to take ACTION!