Our rabbi, Shoshana Leis, recently served as Director of Youth and Family Education at Romemu, a start-up synagogue in New York City. Prior to this, she served for seven years as rabbi (with her husband, Rabbi Ben Newman) at Har Shalom Center for Jewish Living in Ft. Collins, CO.
A graduate of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College and Dartmouth College, she also studied at St. Petersburg University, the Conservative Yeshiva, and the Drisha Institute for Jewish Studies.
Rabbi Leis lives in Dobbs Ferry with her husband and two children, Ari and Isaiah. She loves to be in nature (always up for a nature walk!) and returning to her second homeland- Colorado.
Listen to the Rabbi’s podcast, Four Worlds Torah on Apple Podcasts.
Email Rabbi Leis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Game Days — Rosh Hashanah 5784In memory of my father, Michael Leis z”l As many of you know, my father was killed on Shabbat Shuva – in
- The Echoes of Jeremiah in Modern IsraelRosh Hashanah Sermon by Rabbi Shoshana Leis for the Year 5784 On our recent trip to Israel, Isaiah and I spontaneously stopped
- Rosh Hashanah Day One 5783“In Blackwater Woods” by Mary Oliver Look, the treesare turningtheir own bodiesinto pillarsof light,are giving off the richfragrance of cinnamonand fulfillment,the long
- Everything In its place …Erev Rosh Hashanah 5783 `Padraig O’ Tuama, in his book In the Shelter: Finding a Home in the World, writes:“My favorite poem
- Rabbi Shoshana Leis Sermon — Erev Rosh Hashanah 5782 – Stories and ShmitaIt’s been a very hard year for many of us, especially those of us who didn’t have the ability to work from