Our rabbi, Shoshana Leis, recently served as Director of Youth and Family Education at Romemu, a start-up synagogue in New York City. Prior to this, she served for seven years as rabbi (with her husband, Rabbi Ben Newman) at Har Shalom Center for Jewish Living in Ft. Collins, CO.
A graduate of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College and Dartmouth College, she also studied at St. Petersburg University, the Conservative Yeshiva, and the Drisha Institute for Jewish Studies.
Rabbi Leis lives in Dobbs Ferry with her husband and two children, Ari and Isaiah. She loves to be in nature (always up for a nature walk!) and returning to her second homeland- Colorado.
Email Rabbi Leis at email@example.com
- Rosh Hashanah Day One 5783“In Blackwater Woods” by Mary Oliver Look, the treesare turningtheir own bodiesinto pillarsof light,are giving off the richfragrance of cinnamonand fulfillment,the long
- Everything In its place …Erev Rosh Hashanah 5783 `Padraig O’ Tuama, in his book In the Shelter: Finding a Home in the World, writes:“My favorite poem
- Rabbi Shoshana Leis Sermon — Erev Rosh Hashanah 5782 – Stories and ShmitaIt’s been a very hard year for many of us, especially those of us who didn’t have the ability to work from
- Rabbi Shoshana Leis’ Rosh Hashanah Sermon on JoyI opened with singing “ivdu et hashem bsimcha, serve your inner spirit” (translation: Rabbi Jack Gabriel) and asked people to bring to
- 2e Zoom discussionMany parents of twice exceptional (2e) children* are struggling to imagine how their gifted and challenged children will succeed throughout their Bar/Bat/B